Author(s): Ozgur KARCIOGLU
DOI: 10.2174/97816810882041210101eISBN: 978-1-68108-820-4, 2021ISBN: 978-1-68108-821-1
Cardiac Care and COVID-19: Perspectives in Medical Practice is an accessible reference on diagnoses and treatment modalities for cardiac diseases in general, and emergency cardiac conditions to be more specific, with respect to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Chapters in the book give updated descriptions of common problems in emergency medicine and cardiovascular disease. Each chapter is dedicated to a specific cardiovascular disease and explains management principles, diagnostic procedures and therapy. Examples of medical cases have also been used to highlight complex issues to give a concrete understanding of the cardiac care in COVID-19 patients to the medical practitioner, whether they are involved in critical care or in outpatient clinics.
- Clinical guidelines for critical care and cardiovascular management of COVID-19 patients
- Topic-based information about cardiovascular diseases
- Covers a range of cardiovascular problems including myocarditis, arrhythmias, chest pain, acute coronary syndrome
- Information on pulmonary embolism and associated problems
- Reader friendly presentation
- Case-based examples for explaining concepts
The range of topics combined with the simple presentation make this an essential reference for healthcare workers in emergency medicine, cardiology and nursing. General physicians interested in the cardiovascular impact of COVID-19 will also benefit from the information provided in the book.
*(Excluding Mailing and Handling)
Personal information is secured with SSL technology