Head and Neck Cancer: Hallmarks of the Inflammation Ecosystem
Editor(s): Norhafiza Mat Lazim
DOI: 10.2174/97898118032461210201eISBN: 978-981-18-0324-6, 2021ISBN: 978-981-18-0322-2ISSN: 2468-1466 (Print)ISSN: 2468-1474 (Online)
This reference comprehensively covers the clinical aspects of head and neck neoplasms while also highlighting the relationship that exists between inflammation and these cancers. This relationship is critical as it dictates the risks, assessment, treatment, and prognosis of head and neck cancer patients. The book starts with an introduction to the inflammation ecosystem in head and neck malignancy, followed by detailed discussions on the types of head and neck malignancy and their histological classification. The book then provides information about specialized topics relevant to the specialty of head and neck oncology.
- Comprehensive coverage of head and neck cancers with topic-based chapters
- Introductory text explaining the basics of inflammation
- Detailed information on the relationship between inflammation and head and neck neoplasms
- Information about the classification of head and neck cancers
- Methods for diagnosis and treatment
- Special topics such as complications caused by HPV infections, chemoradiation, immune-targeted therapy, and inflammatory biomarkers
- References for further reading
The combination of basic and advanced topics makes this book an informative reference for medical students and professionals at all levels. Residents specializing in otolaryngology, oncology, and surgery as well as researchers studying inflammation will also gain an understanding of the subject in relation to oncogenesis.
*(Excluding Mailing and Handling)
Personal information is secured with SSL technology