Editor(s): Biaoru Li, Alan Larson and Shen Li
DOI: 10.2174/97898114827551200101eISBN: 978-981-14-8275-5, 2020ISBN: 978-981-14-8273-1
This book introduces personalized immunotherapy with multi-dimensional models of analysis to determine the best plan for immunotherapy of patients. The book introduces readers to some basic concepts which lay the foundation for personalized immunotherapy: the development of a major histocompatibility complex (MHC), the genome profile of T cells and tumor cells, and genome-wide association studies. Chapters also cover special topics such as new immunoassay methods related to personalized immunotherapy and targeted immunotherapy which are geared towards familiarizing readers with current research practices. Focusing on the central theme of personalized immunotherapy, the authors provide a wealth of information about T-cell screening, tumor neoantigen cloning, primary tumor cell culture for T-cell cloning, bioinformatics strategies for understanding T-cell and primary tumor cell biology and function, and new developments in research on adoptive T-cell immunotherapy. These developments include T-cell gene therapy and T-cell gene editing, transgenic T-cells for increasing affinity to tumor cells such as CAR T-cells and TCR T-cells, and the systematic modeling of polyclonal specific T-cells and biobank technology.
- Introduces readers to basic concepts in personalized medicine and immunotherapy
- Presents current information about immunological assays used in research
- Presents an overview of T cell immunotherapy and cloning techniques
- Presents an overview of tumor cell bioinformatics and its role in immunotherapy
- Includes new developments and references for personalized immunotherapy techniques (T-cell gene therapy and T-cell gene editing, transgenic T-cells which target CAR T-cells and TCR T-cells, and polyclonal T-cell modeling)
- Includes a section on biobanking
- Presents information in an easy-to-read format for a wide range of readers
- Brings contributions from experts with over 30 years of experience in personalized immunotherapy
Personalized Immunotherapy for Tumor Diseases and Beyond is an ideal handbook for medical professionals and students involved in personalized medicine, immunology and oncology. General readers interested in the new developments in these fields will also benefit from the information provided.
*(Excluding Mailing and Handling)
Personal information is secured with SSL technology