Editor(s): Martin Masuelli and Denis Renard
DOI: 10.2174/97816810845341170101eISBN: 978-1-68108-453-4, 2017ISBN: 978-1-68108-454-1
The last two decades have seen a number of significant advances in the methodology for evaluating the molecular weight distributions of polydispersed macromolecular systems in solution at the molecular level. This reference presents reviews on the progress in different analytical and characterization methods of biopolymers.
Readers will find useful information about combinations of complex biopolymer analysis such as chromatographic or membrane based fractionation procedures combined with multiple detectors on line (multi-angle laser light scattering or MALLS). Key topics include:
• refractive index, UV-Vis absorbance and intrinsic viscosity detection systems,
• advances in SEC-MALLS (size exclusion chromatography coupled to multi-angle laser light scattering) and FFF-MALLS (field flow fractionation coupled on line to MALLS),
• HPSEC-A4F-MALLS, matrix-assisted laser-desorption ionization (MALDI)
• electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry
• nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
This reference is intended for students of applied chemistry and biochemistry who require information about biopolymer analysis and characterization.
*(Excluding Mailing and Handling)
Personal information is secured with SSL technology