5 - Year: 0.622
Ranking & Category
- 78th of 79 in Biochemical Research Methods
- 285th of 298 in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Aims & ScopeResearch in the emerging field of proteomics is growing at an extremely rapid rate. The principal aim of Current Proteomics is to publish well-timed in-depth/mini review articles in this fast-expanding area on topics relevant and significant to the development of proteomics. Current Proteomics is an essential journal for everyone involved in proteomics and related fields in both academia and industry.
Current Proteomics publishes in-depth/mini review articles in all aspects of the fast-expanding field of proteomics. All areas of proteomics are covered together with the methodology, software, databases, technological advances and applications of proteomics, including functional proteomics. Diverse technologies covered include but are not limited to:
- Protein separation and characterization techniques
- 2-D gel electrophoresis and image analysis
- Techniques for protein expression profiling including mass spectrometry-based methods and algorithms for correlative database searching
- Determination of co-translational and post- translational modification of proteins
- Protein/peptide microarrays
- Biomolecular interaction analysis
- Analysis of protein complexes
- Yeast two-hybrid projects
- Protein-protein interaction (protein interactome) pathways and cell signaling networks
- Systems biology
- Proteome informatics (bioinformatics)
- Knowledge integration and management tools
- High-throughput protein structural studies (using mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance and X-ray crystallography)
- High-throughput computational methods for protein 3-D structure as well as function determination
Robotics, nanotechnology, and microfluidics
In addition to in-depth/mini reviews, articles highlighting recent proteomics papers of special interest as well as book reviews are published. Mini-reviews and perspective articles are also published. In view of the importance of specific technology and software developed for advancement of proteomics research, a separate section is devoted to product and technology reports. Proceedings of proteomics meetings with selected review articles on topics presented are also published.
"The wide areas covered by these articles gives an idea of how diverse the field is."
Quoted in Advances In: Proteomics - Preparing proteins' published in March 25, 2005 issue of Science