About The Section
Equality and Non-Discrimination
Publishes original research articles, letters, reviews/mini- reviews and guest edited thematic issues on various topics related to Equality and Non-Discrimination.
The section named Equality and Non-Discrimination of the journal Current Social Sciences publishes original research articles, letters, reviews/mini-reviews and guest-edited thematic issues on various topics related to Equality and Non-Discrimination.
This section aims to inform and analyze the state of Equality and Non-Discrimination, contributing to the debate and efficient policies. It is not limited to a specific aspect of the field but is devoted to a wide range of sub-fields in the area. Articles of interdisciplinary nature are particularly welcome and cover the intersectional grounds of discrimination. Basic theoretical developments, standards and guidelines for improving the equality of data collection, applications, case studies, novel approaches and processes to hard-to-reach and invisible minority groups, and empirical research are among the topics covered in the papers. Submissions in the following areas are of special interest to the readers of this journal:
-Addressing discrimination in the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Equality and Non-Discrimination based on:
· Ethnic or racial origin
· Gender identity and expression
· Geographical location or place of residence
· Marital and Family status
· Migration status or migration background
· Physical characteristics and/or external appearance
· Political opinion
· Roma origin
· Sexual orientation
· Socio-economic status
- Economic issues related to Equality and Non-Discrimination
- Health issues related to Equality and Non-Discrimination
- Housing discrimination
- Laws, policies and practices related to Equality and Non-Discrimination