eISBN: 978-981-14-1238-7, 2020 ISBN: 978-981-14-1237-0 ISSN: 2451-9162 (Print) ISSN: 1879-663X (Online)
This book series brings updated reviews to readers interested in advances in the development of anti-infective drug design and discovery. The scope of the book series covers a range of topics including rational drug design and drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, in-silico drug design, combinatorial chemistry, high-throughput screening, drug targets, recent important patents, and structure-activity relationships.
Frontiers in Anti-Infective Drug Discovery is a valuable resource for pharmaceutical scientists and post-graduate students seeking updated and critically important information for developing clinical trials and devising research plans in this field.
The eighth volume of this series features 8 chapters that cover methods for antimicrobial drug discovery (with 2 chapters that focus on genomics) as well as updates on drug development against Helicobacter pylori and emerging coronaviruses, among other interesting topics:
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori Infection with Non-Bismuth Quadruple Concomitant Therapy
- Drug Discovery Strategies Against Emerging Coronaviruses: A Global Threat
- Opportunities Offered By Fragment-Based Drug Design in Antibiotic Development
- Phage therapy as a Tool for Control of Foodborne Diseases: Advantages and Limitations
- Subtractive Genomics Approaches: Towards Anti-Bacterial Drug Discovery
- Recent Advances in the Discovery of Antimicrobials through Metagenomics
- Phyto-Nano-Antimicrobials: Synthesis, Characterization, Discovery, and Advances
- Aptamers as Anti-infective Agents
Pp. iii-v (3)
Honorary Life Fellow, Kings College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
M. Iqbal Choudhary
H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan