Local Anesthesia and Extractions for Dental Students: Simple Notes and Guidelines

This textbook presents basic principles of local anesthesia and exodontia for undergraduate dental program students and dental surgeons in training. Readers will understand key concepts and points ...
[view complete introduction]

US $
15

*(Excluding Mailing and Handling)

Complex Exodontia and Guidelines in Management of Medically Compromised Patients in Dental Chair

Pp. 137-263 (127)

Esam Ahmad Z Omar

Abstract

Many dental practitioners do not differentiate between the complex extraction and the surgical (trans-alveolar) extraction. By definition, the surgical extraction is one of complex extraction procedures, but the complex extraction is not limited to surgical extraction. In this chapter, the complex extraction has been defined. The pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative factors that may contribute to the complexity of dental extraction have been discussed. This chapter contains a separated part about the management of medically compromised patients, as those patients can be considered under the definition of complex extraction. This chapter also contains a separated part about physics of elevator’s uses.

Keywords:

The Complex Exodontia, guidelines in management of medically compromised patients in dental chair, Principles of Elevators, Complications of Exodontia.

Affiliation:

Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, Taibah University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia.