eISBN: 978-1-68108-082-6, 2015 ISBN: 9781-68108-083-3 ISSN: 2451-9162 (Print) ISSN: 1879-663X (Online)
Indexed in: Book Citation Index, Science Edition; BIOSIS Previews, Scopus, EBSCO, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory.
This eBook series brings updated reviews to readers interested in advances in the development of anti-infective drug design and discovery. The scope of the eBook series covers a range of topics including rational drug design and drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, in-silico drug design, combinatorial chemistry, high-throughput screening, drug targets, recent important patents, and structure-activity relationships.
Frontiers in Anti-Infective Drug Discovery is a valuable resource for pharmaceutical scientists and post-graduate students seeking updated and critically important information for developing clinical trials and devising research plans in this field.
The fourth volume of this series features 5 chapters that cover the following topics:
- An overview of the incidence of neuraminadase resistance in influenza viruses in the Americas from 2004 to 2014
- Phenothiazines and derivative compounds for treating Trypanosoma cruzi infections
- New antibacterial drug targets such as polysaccharide deacetylases
- Improvements in aminoglycoside synthesis and biological activity (including RNA targeting)
- A review of new chemotherapeutic agents against common infections.
Pp. iii-iv (2)
Atta-ur-Rahman and M. Iqbal Choudhary
Honorary Life Fellow Kings College, University of Cambridge, UK.