Pp. 1-12 (12)
M. O. Faruk Khan and Ashok Philip
This chapter is an introduction to the overall role of pharmacist and the
significance of medicinal chemistry in pharmacy education. After study of this chapter
students will be able to:
• Discuss the role of the pharmacist
• Highlight the history of medicinal chemistry
• Illustrate the relevance of medicinal chemistry in pharmacy education
• Recognize the significance of medicinal chemistry in pharmacy education
• State important definitions in medicinal chemistry and pharmacy.
Common terms in medicinal chemistry, Domains of medicinal
chemistry, History of medicinal chemistry, Pharmacy education, Role of
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Marshall University School of Pharmacy, Huntington, WV, USA.